TF2

Discussions about other games
infntnub

Re: TF2

Postby infntnub » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:19 am

view wrote:I gave it a 45 minute attempt and came to the conclusion that (compared to QL) - it was like moving through molasses. Just horribly slow. Other than that, it ran well and had a lot of players.

Fission plays it a ton - you should go fuck w/ him somehow.

I am surprised you say it ran well for you. My biggest complaint with the game is the Source engine. I run current gen games on max settings @ high resolution with no frame dips. For whatever reason I have to scale all my shit down just to maintain stable 60fps on TF2. It's somewhat infuriating considering I only built this computer this past summer. Seems the game is more CPU reliant than GPU though... something I didn't really account for when buying my parts for gaming. I probably should have spent a few extra dollars and upgraded from the AMD CPU I purchased on sale.

Maybe i'll upgrade..

I pretty much needed to give the game the entirety of a 4 day weekend to grow on me when I first downloaded it. The overall pace is a big change from Quake, in general. I agree with that.

Guessing in your 45 minutes you didn't play Scout? If speed is what you crave he moves faster than standard QLive. Although he has such levels of speed due to his "glass cannon" nature. So yeah.. don't stop moving lol.

The rest of the classes are somewhat slow though but a few have other means of fast movement once you begin to dig into it.

Also the soldier rocket jumping mechanics will give you flashbacks to Quake as well. I found a lot of similarities the first day or 2 I played.

Needless to say - us fans of instagib will find the Sniper class relatively easy to play. :mrgreen:

I've become obsessed with "ninjaneering" though. So far I'm up to 91 hours on that class. There are so many ways to help your team or eff over the other team - it's priceless.

infntnub

Postby infntnub » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:58 am

I bought myself an early Christmas present last night.

A Factory New Strange Professional Killstreak Shell Shocker Rocket Launcher. :mrgreen: :D :P :) :D :twisted: :geek: 8-) :o :shock:

http://www.p337.info/tfview/item.php?sk ... t+Launcher

Gets put on the top of my list for irresponsible gaming investments I have made to date... woot.

view

Postby view » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:51 am

Jesusfugginchrist nubs. PLEASE tell me you didn't spend 126 dollars on a goddamned cosmetic for a video game.

Actually, I take that back. If you did, congratulations! You may be interested in a few of the properties I have here in this portfolio. One of them is in Florida and is on the water! The other is a bridge!

PROBBBBBBBBBBBBBably don't want to tell your wife about that either. That shit's grounds for divorce.

infntnub

Postby infntnub » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 pm

We all have our priorities and hobbies. :)

3ply

Postby 3ply » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Pretty sweet rocket launcher... I hope people don't have their settings too low and not see the fancy rocket!

Nice one view! "Don't tell the wife"

Return to “Other Games”